|Back to Back Issues Page|
Leaders E-Zine, Issue #004
January 25, 2013
... to our latest edition of the Leader's E-Zine. This E-Zine (magazine via e-mail) will focus on delivering quality content on Leadership and related topics straight to your inbox.
If you're new to our community then we'd like to personally welcome you and express how excited we are that you've decided to come on this journey with us!
Leadership is absolutely fundamental to everyday life and by developing your leadership you can find the success, drive and platform to lead the direction of your life and others lives.
Fun, occasion and spontaniety.The new year has new opportunities
Here in Australia right now it's "Australia Day" where Aussies near and far celebrate everything that is associated with Australian culture. It's much like American Independence Day and many other national holidays across the globe.
One of the attractions this year was a huge rubber duck sitting in Darling Harbour leading upto Australia day. To the rest of the world its just a random and funny thing for Australians to do, however it celebrates an occasion by remembering that part of being Australian means that you have fun by being spontaneous.
This is a surprisingly good leadership lesson for us all to learn. You may think that i'm not being serious, but let me ask you some questions...
1. When was the last time you had fun with your team?
2. Have you ever really built up occasions to excite people and make them look forward to what's going to happen?
3. Is fun something which defines your team environment?
It may be that this isn't a leadership quality you want around your team. If this is the case for a good reason (like safety reasons or WH&S) then I understand but if there's no good reason, I would challenge you to think carefully about adopting some fun and spontaneity.
It is proven in Gen. Y that having events to look forward to and incorporating spontaneity is desired and needed for retention. Further than this, the new generation wants to take the serious things really seriously and the not-so-serious things, not as seriously - they want to have fun in their lives!
All people want to have events to look forward to, whether it's on a regular basis or just a few times throughout the year. I believe It's essential in the human spirit to need things to look forward to and to this end I wonder how we could grow our leadership cultures to build more 'hype' about events to bring the best out of people to create brilliant times and events.
I'm often asked how you can keep hold of staff or volunteers in business and organizations, this is an important key. You have to think outside of the box and know what people in this world really want and need in their lives. Often for staff retention you have to think outside of your needs for them and think about them as people who are living and have needs. Remove the focus from a management perspective of treating people like they serve a function and find out how you can serve them, create a fun environment and really build up the events in all our lives.
New to Leadership Lime?Your Leadership and Development are paramount to our intentions to provide you with the best resources out there. Sometimes it can be hard to navigate all the information available, we don't focus on creating mass-information but rather quality-information. With this in mind why not have a look at three of our most popular hub's of information and build some strong foundations;
1. Leadership Characteristics is a great place to start. Building your character will help later on when it comes to the more complex elements of leadership. Make great decisions today by building a solid formula in yourself.
2. Personal Leadership shouldn't be passed over as "too-basic" because if we don't get the important things down, we won't be the best version of ourselves in leadership.
3. Team Leadership is an absolute privilege and if you're a team leader this section is one to really focus on. We have a strong background in team leadership and therefore we really want to provide you with some stimulating resource.
Leadership Essentials for YouWe have some really special and exciting elements to leadershiplime.com that are open for you to engage with and actually contribute yourself. This may sound a little daunting but the truth is that you personally have individual experience that no other will ever experience and we hope that you'll do us the honor of sharing with the rest of us.
1. Firstly we have on page commenting on almost all pages for you to comment on the content and even bring more clarity on the topics we've covered.
2. Our Leadership FAQ is a great place for asking leadership questions. Either you can ask any controversial-deep-complex leadership question in the form at the bottom of the page, or if you're feeling really courageous you can answer some of the questions we get by commenting on them. We've had some truly great (and hard!) questions already and we're definitely hungry for more.
3. The guest blog is a new venture we've undertaken to bring some brilliant leadership bloggers together to share quality ideas. You may think "I don't really fit in that category..." but EVERYONE has a leadership story or idea knocking around somewhere and we'd love to read and publish them!
Latest Articles for YouWe're been busy writing content and developing ideas throughout leadershiplime.com. The last few months have been an explosive time for us and here are a few of our latest articles for you.
1. Leaership Concepts: Conceptual Awareness Your concepts and the concepts of your team will define the effectiveness and attitude of all involved. In this article we look at how we must define our own perspective and delve into how misconceptions of others can really hold back our success and the development of leadership.
2. The Cultural Architect Here we look at a trend of advanced leadership, which requires leaders to have more influence than before. A cultural architect influences and changes every culture they find themselves in and advances themselves through this unusual gift.
3.Personal Leadership Development Plan and Process This is a resource for you to build your own goals and development plans. I've set out a basic framework for you to customize and make some positive commitments on personal development in relation to your own leading.
|Back to Back Issues Page|